Thursday, February 15, 2007





LUNCHMAN

The other day I saw my little cousins packing their lunch and snack bags, and that got me wondering when I ever did that. I guess I was just a wee bit spoilt since I had a lunch man bring me lunch to school. He would pick it up about half hour prior to my lunch break at school and hence I always got fresh and hot food for lunch. This was all though school and I can’t recall a day when I would have carried a lunch bag on me. My grandmother spoilt me further by bringing in food for me to school the day the lunch man missed picking up my bag.
I miss that indulgence especially since I have to now cook, and remember to carry as well as bring back the container that I carried my food in. I always forget my flask or lunch box in the office or in a class. Tried of buying new food savers every week, I came up with the idea of LUNCHMAN - making a lunch bag that was mobile as a part of the wearable assignment.
To make LUNCHMAN, I hacked 2 remote controlled cars. While the one that used infra- red did not too work well since the receiver, though in the line of sight, was always inside the bag and that offered interference for the incoming signal. I then tired the same with a radio controlled car. This worked great and also covered a greater distance if the antenna range on the remote was increased. While looking at the bag there is no way of knowing that there are wheels on the bottom and that it moves.
My LUNCHMAN is ready to bring me lunch when I ask it to.!!

No comments: